ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Serving as the Director of Office Brokerage, Greg oversees all facets of the office brokerage team. Additionally, he is one of the top office and landlord/tenant rep brokers in Kansas City. Greg serves as the Team Marketing Director for the TA Associates Realty Kansas City office portfolio, which originally consisted of six properties totaling approximately 879,565 square feet of mid-rise and suburban garden-style type office buildings. All but one of the properties has now been sold, leaving 500,000 square feet in the portfolio. Greg is also the Marketing Director for the Hallbrook Office Center, a premier suburban office park located at I-435 & State Line, in southern Leawood, Kansas, which when fully developed may consist of nearly 850 – 1.2 million square feet of office space. All three properties are occupied, and a fourth building consisting of approximately 165,000 square feet is planned. Greg formerly served as Team Marketing Director for Highwoods Properties Company’s entire office building portfolio of over 1.1 million square feet of office space in 13 buildings, which is now primarily owned by a partnership made up of Taubman and Macerich. Included within this portfolio is Valencia Place, a premier 10-story, 263,000-square foot mixed-use project that is 100% leased at the top of market rates located on the regionally renowned Country Club Plaza.
Greg has been involved in the office building specialty of leasing and sales since 1983. Prior to joining Kessinger/Hunter & Company, LC as a principal in 1993, Greg spent ten years of his career in commercial real estate brokerage as a First Vice President for the national firm of CB Commercial Real Estate. During his tenure with CB Commercial, he was a member of their Top producers (three years as number one) in the Kansas City commercial office for eight consecutive years. He also ranked twice as the 60th and 56th salesperson within that company nationally, qualifying him for the Colbert Coldwell Circle, which consists of the top three percent for personal earnings out of over 2,500 salespeople nationally.
• H&R Block world headquarters consolidation, spurring the redevelopment of Kansas City’s Central Business District (500,000 SF, 18-story office building)
• National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) relocation (132,000 SF)
• Data Systems International (DSI) relocation (39,490 SF)
• State Farm Auto Insurance relocation/reduction of space (42,538 SF)
• Applebee’s International, Inc.’s world headquarters consolidation requirement, resulting in the purchase of 31 acres of ground for the building of a 150,000 SF office building. Thereafter, the sale of the 80,000 SF former headquarters to Allied Insurance. Further representation of the owner of 8140 Ward Parkway in Kansas City in securing Applebee’s relocation to approximately 121,324 SF
• Capital One Home Loans headquarters (185,000 SF five-story office building). Further represented Capital One in the lease termination and re-leasing of the entire building to US Bank
• Universal Underwriters Group, Inc.’s national headquarters (240,000 SF eight-story build-to-suit) (Corporate Services basis). Thereafter, the sale of UUG’s 145,000 SF former headquarters building to TA Realty Associates, which then resulted in the leasing of the entire 145,000 SF to Sprint Communications on a long-term lease. Five years later, upon the expiration, the building was repositioned in the marketplace, leased on a multi-tenant basis to 80%, and sold in early 2008 to Executive Hills, Inc. on behalf of TA Realty Associates
• Farmers Insurance HelpPoint (184,000 SF build-to-suit call center)
• Greenfield Partners (100,100 SF call center on a seven-year lease term)
• Cerner Corporation (on a Corporate Service basis), resulting in a series of requirements over the last several years, including: The purchase of a portion of the former Aventis/Marion Merrell Dow headquarters, consisting of five buildings (totaling 760,000 SF), the purchase of the former Farmland Industries headquarters facility (265,000 SF), the leasing of over 117,000 SF of data center space, and the leasing of over 210,000 SF of office space in Bangalore, India, along with many other international requirements in the UK, Australia, and the United Emirates.
• Alere/eScreen relocation (75,000 SF)
EDUCATION, MEMBERSHIPS AND AWARDS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture from the University of Missouri
• Two-time recipient of the #1 Broker Home Run Award (Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors)
• Named a Top 3 Office Broker (1994 – 2008) (Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors)
• Named to the Real Estate Hall of Fame (Midwest Real Estate News) (2013)
• President, JDRF-Kansas City (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) (2005-2006)
• Board Member, JDRF-Kansas City (2000-present)
• Named KCRAR (Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors) Office Deal Maker of the Year (2015 & 2016)
• Recently named by Ingram’s Magazine as a “Rainmaker” in the Class of 2016
• Named KCRAR (Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors) Top 10 Office Broker